Quote Originally Posted by Gruftzwerg View Post
You are still ignoring the territories the Primary Source Rule sets:

"Casting a Spell" sets a general rule when you want to use spells. And there are only 2 options that can alter this:
a) mentioning an explicit rule change/update that is like Rules Compendium, Draconomicon or Errata as examples.
b) make explicit call outs for specific rules that only apply in a niche
If you want to use Spells in any way, the "Casting a Spell" rule is the gatekeeper. SLAs alter the component (V,S,M,F,XP) rules. Spell trigger items do the same. And crafting is in no way special worded that it denies the status that a spell cast is triggered here. It doesn't need to mention that it is still a spell cast. PSR demands that it needs to deny it clearly to make your interpretation plausible.

I'll try to give a real life "light switch" example here for "trigger":
Imagine a light switch (cast) for a light bulb (spell) that you can use actively as "normal" (general) and that can also be "triggered" passively (specific) via the daylight (when it becomes dark).
Unless the "trigger" has some special functions (explicit specific exceptions), you expect the switch to work as intended.
It is still "triggering" the light switch (cast) that activates the light bulb (spell).

As said, a trigger only does what you would normally expect as outcome, unless specific exceptions are called out (and build in^^). And so far the crafting rules only show how parts of "casting a spell" gets altered, but it never denies its status as spell cast. And it doesn't define a new status either. There is no explicit mentioning of that (or did I miss any crafting specific definition paragraph about "trigger" anywhere? kindly asking here).

No im not ignoring the primary rules, you're misunderstanding how to use that phrase. Casting a spell ia not the "gatekeeper" ruleset if you want to use spells in anyway. It only is in your mind for some reason. Check the other thread m8 because you keep saying the same stuff without actually addressing what I've said about it