I'm going to focus on this, because I think it's the core of where we're disagreeing or dancing around each other:
Quote Originally Posted by OldTrees1 View Post
This is not a shared premise. Why would doing what your target alignment dictate be the right answer to "What ought one do?". That would be assuming the conclusion.

Well was established (imperfect word choice?) below (in your post), moral is a term for the right answer to the question.
And the question does not presume a purpose. Assuming a purpose would be begging the question*. For any purpose you can imagine, I can question it by asking "But, ought one follow that purpose?". It may be hard to believe, but there is no hidden implied purpose to qualify the question.

*Asking "What ought one do if we assume X is the answer to 'What ought one do?' ?" is circular logic or an unfounded premise.
I think I have a better way to cut to the chase of this. If you ask me the question, "What ought I to do?" I am going to answer with some variation on, "It depends on what you want." This is all inclusive: It depends on what you want to happen; it depends on what you want to gain; it depends on what you want to achieve; it depends on what you want to experience; it depends on what you want to feel; it depends on what you want the outcomes of your actions to lead to.

Do you want to be happy? Then list XYZ are the things the sufficiently-informed guru/spiritual advisor/life coach can objectively tell you to do to become happy. They are the answer to, "What ought I to do?" if you want to be happy.

Do you want to be a good person? Then (in D&D or a system that uses a similar alignment grid) you ought to do those things which the good alignment says good people do.

It is not presuming the conclusion to say, "You ought to do what the alignment you aspire to requires." If you asked "What is the moral thing to do?" of somebody who knows what alignment you aspire to, he will (assuming he is both correct and honest) tell you what the alignment to which you aspire says one should do in the situation you find yourself in. Because this hypothetical involves an objective alignment system, there is an objectively correct answer provided by each alignment. ("It doesn't matter; this is an amoral question" is also a valid answer, but I am neglecting it for now; we are assuming we have correctly identified our "what should I do?" questions as pertaining to the objective moral alignment system.)

To reiterate: The answer, without making any assumptions about the asker at all, to the question, "What ought I to do?" - regardless of whether morality is objective or subjective - will always be, "It depends on what you want."