[But the Cat Came Back]

"I was always told that fey lived in these fancy other dimensions where they were throwing parties and looking down on everyone else. But maybe that's just where I'm from." Dena shrugs, she didn't claim to be an expert on fey but she had heard a lot of stories about them as a child.

Then they switch topics. "The one I killed did at least. It's not a especially common trait from what I can tell. I mean, there mostly seem to be female gorgons so what would happen if a guy killed her? I figure most of them reproduce the unusual way... or something. Being one doesn't make me an expert on gorgon's either actually. All I know, and I know you might ask this." Considering her intoxication. "Is that I don't have snakes 'down there', so now you don't need to ask." Dena smiles smugly. "But yeah, no need to be sorry. It's been rough at times but I'm alright and it's not like it doesn't have benefits too."

Subway Train

Astrana looks rather relived. "Ha, so someone finally understands then." She chuckles. "No need to blush, I know that feeling all too well. Anything you did, I probably did too so it nice to know someone who shares that experience. The tieflings back home had generally been raised by other tieflings so few of them understood what it was like to grow up among not-tieflings."

But suddenly she clears her voice. "Erm, but to get back to the point I was trying to make. My, erm, nature makes it difficult to keep any sort of traditional wedding oaths. So while Val and I fully intend to marry our relation is, and while remain, open. The reason I want to tell you this is... well, I can't claim I know your relationship with Val but whatever happens between you two I wanted you to know that I'm cool with it."