Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
Manor Lab

Anri decides not to comment on the fact that she can't actually breathe since Nora seems to have actually gotten serious. She plants herself next to the body. It's hard to say if she's relaxed. Posture is a curious thing for a robotic body.
But she does focus. Focusing is something she's quite good at. Just waiting. Imagining breathing. At the very least this body does have eyelids. So she obeys the closed-eyes part of the instructions easily.
Click clack. In and out. Metaphorically. Her ceramic lips click, mouthing something no one in the room knows or would likely recognize.
Click clack. Click clack.
Click.
Clack.
Anri's spirit furls and is pulled along easily. Her will and desires push the transfer home more than she would ever expect.
She awakens to darkness; light as her eyes flutter open. The room is spinning. She gasps as her lungs engage and her biological systems connect to her mind. She can barely process it all, but the first sound she hears is her own laughter. She can't even sit up from the nausea but her arms hug around herself as she laughs giddily at the simple joy of breathing and laughing and having a diaphragm at all.
At least until her vision clears enough to lay eyes on Nora.
"Oh, heavens. Quick, do we need a doctor for our doctor?" she asks, genuine concern in her voice.
Manor Lab

Norael seems to smile as her mouth is sealing shut, and she shakes her head. The shake is enough to make her a bit off balance, but she leans on the desk to keep herself upright. "Magic comes with a cost, Anri. Mine especially. Do not worry, it will heal in time." It seems she suspected the sort of damage that would be dealt to her as she's already reaching into her desk to pull out several packs of gauze and wipes to clean the blood off herself. "And before we worry overly much about myself, please, lets make sure that you're feeling as if you should. The laughter sounded positive." She adds as she taps a tablet to pull up vitals and to make notes. As an afterthought, she nudges an empty wastebasket over towards Anri with her foot. In case the nausea gets to be too much. "I know we'll be wishing you out of that body soon enough, but I would like to make sure that the procedure was a complete success first."