Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
Which when properly utilised is also a great stand-in for alignment I suppose.
Maybe, if you're trying to use Alignment as strictly a personality test, but even then, they tell you somewhat different things.

An Ideal of "I will see my brother's death avenged" seen through the eyes of a Lawful Good character will be rather different than through the eyes of a Lawful Evil, Chaotic Good, or Chaotic Evil character.

The Chaotic Evil character whose Bond is, "I betrayed my family once and lost everything that mattered; I will never betray my adopted replacements," will be quite different from a Lawful Good person with the same Bond. Unless some drastic alignment shift happened between the instigating betrayal and now, the CAUSE of the betrayal and its nature may also be quite different. The LG guy may have betrayed them because he found himself in a "break the law or support family" sort of deal, and has now shifted from choosing "the law/his oaths" to "his family/friends" as how he expresses his Lawful nature. The CE guy may have betrayed his family out of the kind of malicious selfishness one expects of the alignment, and has decided that his in-group is more important to him than himself now (but still will do horrific things to support and protect that in-group against out-groupers).