Quote Originally Posted by KyleG View Post
1. What does each bring that 5e doesn't? What does it lose? And how easy is it to learn as the dm, and for potential players. Ive had suggestions for pathfinder, numenera, savage worlds, call of cathulu, and even 3.5. So where do I go for what experience?
Savage Worlds
Spoiler: savage worlds info
Show

1. It brings less complicated rules. It's easier to manage. Character creation and advancement is a uniquely personal experience and there is a high variance of playstyle.
2. It forfeits a lot of the high fantasy of 5e and basically all of the consistency of everything. It's best run as a high fatality realistic game in my experience.
3. It's easy to learn and DM for.

Legend
Spoiler: Legend (by Rule of Cool)
Show

1. It's better for high fantasy than 5e. It offers far more character creation options and freedoms. The combat is, imo, just more fun. Free
2. It has an extremely small playerbase. It's fairly difficult to learn, in my opinion, its about on par with 5e, but that's just me.
3. It requires an active DM who likes using the rules to custom design monsters.

Open Legend
Spoiler: Open Legend
Show

1. It's incredibly easy to learn. Character creation is very free.
2. It's incredibly swingy, combat is super unfun and it feels like a game. I personally dislike this system.
3. It's, imo, the least fun system to DM for that I will mention.

Weaverdice

Spoiler: Weaverdice
Show
1. Super game. Super simple rules that make for a fun experience. No battle map required.
2. It's a super game. Players don't have full control over their character creation. It relies on backroom dealing and out of session action, which can be a pro or a con. Requires a lot of creative input from the full party.
3. Super easy to learn and play.

Mutants and Masterminds

Spoiler: Mutants and Masterminds
Show
1. Super game. Complicated rules. Very detailed character creation.
2. Unbalanced AF. Easy to break. Pretty complicated.
3. It'll take a while for everyone.