View Single Post

Thread: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

1. - Top - End - #208
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

The Esterwald estate

It seems that the baron was in better condition than Bolten had expected... Still, the man isn't getting any younger. Bolten perks up when the senior Esterwald greets him in his native tongue. "Ah! Honor to your ancestors, your lordship," he responds back in Dwarvish before settling back into the Common tongue. "Well, I am happy to say that my ideas are no longer merely hypothetical or theoretical, but practical!"

With some help from the servants carrying the box, Bolten stands up the legs for the baron's inspection. He explains, "This apparatus is designed to be entered from the back, as you can see with the metal swinging gate back here which covers... well, your hindquarters. These crystal cogs provide the power supply for the whole unit." As much as Bolten would love to gush about the technical details, he learned long ago that most people don't necessarily need or want to know all the mechanics. "There are two control methods: one mechanical and one magical. This box here, with the flip top? That is the manual mechanical controls. If the magic that allows for mental control is disrupted, for whatever reason, you can use the levers within to perform basic movements to allow you to keep going. I imagine you will vastly prefer this, however."

Bolten holds aloft the control circlet and presents it to the baron as if he were receiving a new title. "Wearing this circlet should allow you to control these legs as if they were your own flesh and blood! It should offer more natural movement and a wider range of motion. Of course, I recommend securing yourself in the harness before donning the circlet... else you might end up trying to get into the harness only for it to walk away from you." Nervousness wars with joy in his stomach, sending butterflies flitting in the crossfire. This is it! The moment where everything comes together in wonderfully meshed harmony!
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2021-03-09 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Grammar