Quote Originally Posted by Kalkin View Post
2) Extra damage from the Elemental Overflow (+2 from levels 3-5) only applies when accepting burn. This does not happen when using infusions, metakinetics or anything that reduces burn cost to 0.This means that this extra damage is ONLY when taking burn (with the corresponding non-ethal damage), so there is no way to reach the +4 damage indicated on your table in those levels in the Burno 0 column.
I may be mistaken here, but you seem to be implying that Elemental Overflow bonuses only apply... during an action where you're actively accepting new burn?

Considering that the language used in the rule says the bonuses are based on "the total number of points of burn" and that you can suppress the benefits of Overflow with a full-round action, that interpretation, if it's indeed what you're saying, doesn't seem to make much sense to me. A full round action to suppress wouldn't exist for a benefit that lasts one round or less. So far as I can tell, and as seems otherwise universally interpreted, Overflow is based on the cumulative burn you've accepted since your burn was last removed.

So. The table assumes the kineticist takes enough burn, say at the beginning of the day to pump a defense talent, to max out the overflow bonus, up to +3.