1. - Top - End - #1208
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: DataNinja's Scintillating Digital Random Banter #231

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Nicotine is actually one of the most addictive substance we know of! That being said, cigarettes are not something that people tend to be addicted to in the same... ferocity, let's say, that harder drugs such as heroine entail.

And while I appreciate the concern, it's really much less of an issue than you might imagine. I live in a fairly safe area with my backyard not visible by anyone who is not an immediate neighbor, and the people who take butts to relight are unlikely to be willing to intensively surveil relatively inaccessible areas, properly identify the plant, know how to cure the leaves (and have the patience for it), and then grind them up, and also be able to obtain rolling papers but not loose tobacco cans (which are almost always furnished in the same store). The ROI just isn't there.

And if they do, I'm out a plant and not much else. But I appreciate you thinking of my safety!
    I've seen a story about a man cutting the locks on his neighbor's rabbit hutch, taking the rabbits—prize-winning, very expensive pet rabbits, mind you—and eating them becuase he couldn't be assed to go to the grocery store or butcher shop and buy something to cook for dinner. More than once.

(The same man also stole his other neighbor's entire garden worth of fruits and vegetables, including stuff that wasn't ready to be picked yet, to sell at a farmer's market.)

It might be highly unlikely, but I would not put it past some people to just go into your yard and eat your tobacco plants raw in the hopes of getting their fix. Or taking your plants to save money when they're perfectly capable of getting tobacco without stealing it.

But if you're not worried...

(I've seen a lot of stories like this. That is part of the reason why my ideal house would be outside the technical limits of the city and surrounded by a high stone wall.)
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-03-14 at 12:48 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks