1. - Top - End - #1250
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: DataNinja's Scintillating Digital Random Banter #231

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSh View Post
    So, I was in DC, on a per diem for meals, and wanting something better than standard fast food, but not as involved as a more formal restaurant, and I found a little hole-in-the-wall branch outlet for something called, approximately, Dangerously Delicious Pies. They had the usual run of dessert pies, but they also had savory pies, which they would serve along with a bit of salad as supper. I remember a chicken pot pie, much superior to the frozen versions one would find in the supermarket, a sausage-fennel-tomato pie, that reminded me of a Chicago pizza, except that it had a top crust, and a curry pie of some sort. I went there a few times, but they closed that branch down even before the pandemic.
    Every Chicago style pizza I have had has had an upper crust. Speaking of, the local grocer has some deep dish in their frozen section that looks halfway decent. My wife doesn't like Chicago style pizza, rider I would report more fully in its properties. They had a cheese and a sausage option.
    Last edited by Rockphed; 2021-03-15 at 06:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.