[But the Cat Came Back]

"If it's significant to them, then it's significant to them. But their experiences are different than mine. For starters, they made a choice in the matter and I did not." Actually that's more or less the whole of the issue, so starters isn't a strong word. "Having shapeshifted multiple times in multiple ways before this I really didn't see the change as much else, except with a longer term. And I already excluded bedroom! That difference is pretty obvious."

"Remember, I starts as an Alikil-err, cat. Becoming a biped was a much bigger change for me. I'd imagine you'd get that, what with the sudden reptilian predilection." She still sees you there Jerry.

"Now MOTHERHOOD, that's an entirely different story! I had four. At the same time. That was... a very awful day and then a very amazing day." Reina tilts her head, thinking back and smiling at how cute they all once were. "It was... no IS a big commitment, even now. Like yikes, I didn't realize how much time they'd take up. I had to cut my naps in half. I think I was a disaster at first. Hah. Probably longer than that. But... there's such a deep connection I've never felt with anyone before. I do very truly love them, even if they have all run away from me to be actual people now." Reina reaches for her phone and starts drunkenly fiddling with it. "I have pictures somewhere on here..."