Quote Originally Posted by MR_Anderson View Post
I usually make gloves of healing, for my clerics, to save on spells for other uses..

Spoiler
Show

This is a custom item that just starts placing the lowest spell of healing I can cast at the time at 1 use per day and I keep adding healing spells and additional uses per day as I increase my levels, have more gold, and when there is down time for crafting.

Per day uses:
5x Cure Minor Wounds
3x Cure Light Wounds
1x Cure Moderate Wounds
1x Cure Serious Wounds
1x Cure Critical Wounds

One use per day instead of Five is 1/5 the cost, it does take talking to the DM, but these are very useful and pretty clear cut on crafting.

Note: Often I would make the caster level the minimum level to cast the spell as it saves on the cost of crafting for very little gain.

You could also create a belt that casts Bear’s Endurance and Bull’s Strength X times per day, or a circlet that casts Eagle’s Splendor and Owl’s Wisdom X times a day. These don’t require you to have higher level as you are just crafting a basic item to cast the spell not be a belt of strength or headband of intellect which needs higher caster levels. These also save spell slots.

As for earning XP and catching up, make sure that your DM will give you XP as per what your level is and not just an XP amount to everyone in the party regardless of level.

Extend spell is nice, but with your spells, you might want to take it at 6th or 9th.

Brew potion and Scribe Scroll are a little lacking in PHB only when compared to Wondrous Item. You can basically create something that casts the spells you want anytime every day without needing another crafting. Gloves of every spell or magic shirts, maybe a tunic, cape, or whatever.

Craft wondrous item is the best, craft arms and armor are next depending on if you get crafting time and gold.
That's all good advice. Either way, i would check with the DM before i set my expectations. The DM could limit downtime, or otherwise stifle expected result, as a way to achieve their setting.