I have another idea, but don't know if it was discussed or proposed before.

Remember that in a comic, there were a few pages with food/drink characters? Don't remember that too well, but I think I remember Pizza, Juice and others.

Maybe MITD is someone of this type as well?

Now, what can I say as a proof. First, why present us those characters if they got no impact on the story? There must be a reason. They have been mentioned at least three times, why? Just that Thor could mention that there was a world with them? I believe there can be more to it.

Those characters, even that they look as food and drinks are still "normal", they can be hurt and killed, and they even have eyes, mouthes and limbs. And can be mind-controlled I guess.

And Oona was comparing MITD to spicy food.

As for the major scenes - maybe the effects are coming from metaphors or idioms? I am good with English, but it isn't my native language. So here I will need help from those who know better than me.

I think, even can't find exact quotes, that there might be something like "alcohol so strong that it can kick the horse" or "food so spicy that will make teleport miles away".

Ah, before I forget, in our country there was a ad: "Pringles: explosive taste", so here is an example.

Disgusting look? In the army, I just couldn't touch canned beef, the very SIGHT of it made me sick. A human sized piece of proccessed meat, especially out of the can? I will now vomit!

Can't be damaged? Not because of tough skin, but because blades moved through his body as through air, with whatever he consists of , closed back right away.

Now, the question is, why he eats all the time. Maybe he is a bevarage that causes to be hungry, just after you drank it? Or even some kind of food, that makes one eat more and more.

So... MITD is a character consisting of something very spicy?