Planetar

Default IC - [D&D 5E] Candlekeep Mysteries

Candlekeep Mysteries

Dimers - Eleazar Althus
    Archemist - Patricia Stratton, Grand Wizard of Amn
    Ramsus - Lady Runa of House Ouss’viir
    Pyrophilios - Sir Kynos of Falkenstein

Finrair's Rest

The small coastal town of Finrair's Rest was never anything special, a small collection of homes, farms, a tavern, and a small chapel dedicated to no god in particular. While unremarkable, Finrair's Rest enjoyed a quiet prosperity. Situated about halfway between Baldur's Gate and Candlekeep, the village inn was almost always at full capacity. This kept the towns citizens fully employed in the various tasks involved in hospitality. While not flashy, the people here live a good life.

Lately however, the towns fortune has turned. The farms have not been as productive, with crops withering, fields going fallow. Livestock have gone missing too, and attempts at finding them, or their thieves, have failed. And while their own production has failed, attempts to trade for goods have also failed with three convoys being attacked in the last month alone. Good and bad years have come and gone, but to have so many problems in such a short period of time has people suspicious.

It is the 13th day of the Fading, halfway between midday and sunset. The Sandy Shore Inn is two well built buildings around a small courtyard with several fruit trees, all of which lie barren. The main building, a normally lively place sits rather empty. A tanned human with broad strong shoulders polishes glasses behind the large oak bar, waiting for the nightly crowd. Lady Runa of House Ouss’viir, Sir Kynos of Falkenstein, Eleazar Althus, and Patricia Stratton, Grand Wizard of Amn, sit at a table discussing chance meeting that have lead them here.

Shortly after the first round of drinks arrive, a disheveled halfling enters the tavern, takes a glance around, and makes her way to your table. She appears to be a farmer, dressed in plain, dirty clothing with wild ginger hair and sad eyes. "I am sorry to bother you my lords, but we have not had visitors in some time. My name is Breeni, and I was hoping to ask a favor, if it would not be too much trouble." She reaches into a small knapsack around her shoulder and pulls out some coins, "I would be happy to pay for your dinner to thank for your time."
    Last edited by munimortal; 2021-03-22 at 02:51 AM.