1. - Top - End - #891
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Major character who has only appeared on 1 page in the entire OOTS saga

Quote Originally Posted by WolvesbaneIII View Post
    speaking of the orange voice, what if thats also serini who used a magic wand to carry lien and ochul?

it could be possible she used some kind of spell or trick that is non magical to cover her voice with a filter. roys dad changed his speech bubble as a magician. One could think she used a potion of plot to change her voice to whatever she wanted.

The red voice person isn't the new addition, and is a red herring in addition to a red voice.

serini seems inclined to have a multitude of potions, like amnesia juice, knock out blow darts, weird goggles with an as of yet unknown function (likely true seeing maybe?), an invisibility wand and by her own admission several magic items the trolls declined to take from her.

The only one more prepared is the oracle who knows how to prepare when he wants to outside of fate, and even then he can come back if he prepared a raise dead party.

This does not disqualify anyones guesses from earlier, just that the identity of the red voice is maybe just a weird cover up to make the readers and other folk think its a 2 man set up, when its really one.

as to why the need to do all that for a voice? well, maybe its done just in case someone is spying on her and she isn't aware of it, and is done out of paranoia.

Personally I'm more partial to the straight idea of it being 2 people, but at this point with her mind set being so intent on hiding and mind wiping, I wouldn't count it as impossible even if it is improbable.
    So your claim is that Serini might have faked being two different people, while being invisible, after having already knocking out the two Paladins so they won't even know about it, and with there being no else around?

That feels less "improbable" and more just "nonsensical". And nothing about Serini's current mindset or her actions strikes me as nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Maybe not among the forumites who spend ten days between each strip analyzing and dissecting and arguing, but among the casual book readers (who are the ones actually paying the bills rather than incurring them)? Absolutely.
    But the very comment that started this thread wasn't directed at casual readers. It seems very much calling out people who obsess over every little detail. But even then, you don't have to obsess over every little detail to think "the last remaining member of this important group who hasn't been confirmed dead is likely to show up when they get to her gate." I feel like that's just the kind of thought you have if you're basically just up to speed with things.
    Last edited by Rrmcklin; 2021-03-23 at 11:23 PM.
    I'd just like to point out that saying that something unsupported is the case unless someone else can prove that it is not is an utter failure of logic. - Kish