Jayce thought for a long time, trying to work out what the man told him. The Maw offered a chance for change, quick and easy. The way back left him as he was, with all his inadequacies and insecurities. He made it sound like jumping into the Maw was the coward's way, even if he said no one would blame him. Jayce would blame himself, or at least old Jayce would. New Jayce might be free of such things, free of anxiety and pain.

One thing was for sure, he couldn't go on as he was. Worried about being in his brother's shadow, his guru's shadow. He needed to free himself from that, either by embracing what he was, or rising to the challenge. And would this choice really affect him in the waking world? For now at least, it was the most real thing to the young guide.

Jayce squared his jaw and made up his mind after a long back and forth in his head. He peered over the gaping Maw and was in awe of its size and spirits. He turns away, afraid he might see his brother among them, struggling at this crossroad. He looked down the path he came from, a comfortable cave, where he knew exactly what he was and took it all in stride, the whispers of his failures rolling off his back like water on a Psyduck. He smiled.

And then made himself fell backwards into the Maw behind him. I'm coming, brother. I will rise to the occasion. I will be not brer afraid, I will be better and will earn my respect.