Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
Weird question then, are you promoting something akin to 4e DnD, where most powers are mechanically similar with different means and results (for example, most Fighter AoEs are centered around them while Wizards have AoEs centered around points on the board)?

I don't mean that in a rigid 4e format, I just mean in the sense of "There's no inherent difference between physical and supernatural power".
While I'm not Sneak Dog, I will agree with him, and point to Mutant & Mastermind for a successful rule-heavy system that went that direction. It doesn't matter if you are using divination magic or if you are just "Movie Sherlock Holmes", those two abilities have the same end result.
[Unless you're trying to counter it. Interactions between multiple powers is when their precise description starts to actually have an influence on the gameplay.]

Though, when I say "I agree with him", I mean that I prefer RPGs that go that way. But I definitely don't consider that every RPG should necessary go that way.