Quote Originally Posted by arimareiji View Post
Thinking about it more as a result of your post, I bet that would be one of the more popular destinations -- i.e. in the same way that not all LG's get off on the same things and thus you have the Debate Hall Where You're Always Right, the Tavern of Infinite One-Night Stands, etc.
Quote Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
I'm just gonna stop you right there. It's not supposed to be "heaven". The Good-aligned afterlives, not the Neutrals, are the heavenly ones.
I'm just gonna stop you right there. The purpose of all of that stuff on the first layer of the mountain is not to provide a fun-filled retirement from a life of altruism. The point is to give petitioners the chance to get sick of indulging all of their petty desires in order to free them from distractions from enlightenment. Which is good, because Good-aligned characters wouldn't want to quit performing acts of kindness and settle down to an eternity of hookers and blow or whatever. If you only helped others in order to get a reward for yourself, you were never Good-aligned in the first place, y'know?

Spoiler: Bill Watterson explains
Show

And someone who wasn't Good wouldn't want to move past other concerns in order to better love others. Jirix calls his afterlife his "eternal reward" because that's what he wants. The Good Outer Planes aren't the objectively pleasant ones, because objective pleasantness isn't a thing. Do you expect that one being could be happy in another's heaven?

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin_Priest View Post
[Elan] neither meant offense, nor did offense, regardless of how V felt about it.
What's the difference between offensive things and inoffensive things if not that the former cause feelings that the latter do not?

I suppose something being called "offensive" generally indicates that it offends whoever is using the word "offensive", but in that context taking issue with anyone else's use of "offensive" is fairly nonsensical, isn't it? Like, "Well, I'm not offended, so you're wrong to feel otherwise". Attempting once again to accurately generalize about usage in practice, I suppose that "wrong" feelings in this context are feelings that are at odds with one's own. But at that point "wrong to feel other than I do" becomes redundant at best. Perplexing.