View Single Post

Thread: IC - [D&D 5E] Candlekeep Mysteries

1. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: IC - [D&D 5E] Candlekeep Mysteries

You retire upstairs to your own rooms. Four bedrooms right at the top of the stairs which are not large, but very cozy. Each room has a small table and well build chair, and each bed features a large soft mattress with silky soft cotton sheets. The rooms walls are thick, so only the barest murmur of the dwindling crowd down below reaches your ears as you go to sleep. Eventually even that noise goes away, and a full silence falls on the inn. The only sound is the rhythmic pattern of waves crashing softly onto the nearby beach which lull you all to sleep.

The night passes uneventfully and you awaken to cool foggy morning. While the thick walls protect against the sounds of breakfast being cooked, they do not prevent the smell of freshly baked bread and frying bacon from reaching you. The first person down the stairs finds the tavern already occupied by people at various stages of eating breakfast. The same table from the previous evening sits empty, but a new person stands behind the bar. The slender elf greets you, "Good morning! Sam left me instructions to see if any travelers were heading towards Candlekeep. A merchant is heading to Amn, and is willing to share space on his wagon in exchange for help setting up camp and tending to his animals." The elf leans in, "Though, he will probably make a poor traveling companion, the most I got out of him was a grunt of agreement to the proposal. I would gather the rest of your group and supplies, he seems impatient, and has already started to get preparations made to leave."
    Last edited by munimortal; 2021-03-28 at 10:44 PM.