1. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLII: The Dice Make Fools of Us All

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    Anyhow, the issue is that they get to advance+shoot without penalty; if they carried heavy weapons then advancing 'in place' is a trade-off with being able to shoot them, and shooting Assault weapons is a trade-off with the -1.
    I don't know what you think you're saying, but to clarify:

Ravenwing Advance-and-Shoot with -1 to hit. The same penalty as if they had Assault weapons. During Devastator Doctrine.
    When Ravenwing units Advance, they gain a 4+ Invulnerable vs. Ranged Attacks.

So, would you take the -1 to hit (knowing that negs to hit don't stack, so BS4 is the worst you're going to be), for a 4+ Invulnerable? On a unit with T5 and 3 Wounds?
    Yes.

Would you take the -1 to hit, giving your Ravenwing Talonmaster a 4+ Invulnerable vs. Eradicators?
    Yes.

It's not that Ravenwing Advance-and-Shoot without penalty:
    They can Advance-and-Shoot with -1 to hit. With any weapon (e.g; Heavy and Rapid Fire weapons). During Devastator Doctrine (i.e; Turn 1, the best turn).
    And they gain a 4+ Invulnerable when they Advance.

Dark Angels really want to go first, because they have a decent bonus on Turn 1 - as any Space Marine army does - but, if they go first, they actually have a legitimate real bonus vs. their opponent's Turn 1 Shooting phase (i.e; The 4+ Invulnerable).

Ravenwing are incredibly strong when they go first. On top of the usual benefits when they go first.

inb4; "First Turn Advantage isn't really an advantage."
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2021-04-01 at 10:20 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome