Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
To point 1: In D&D, Devils are Lawful and make pacts with mortals, (as in "deal with the devil") and Demons are Chaotic murderhobos. In M:tG, Demons are Black-aligned and make pacts with mortals, (as in demonic bargain) and Devils are Red-aligned murderhobos.

To point 2: Chandra and Nissa are on Strixhaven?! But in all seriousness, do we have confirmation that the Twins are bi, or did you mean someone else?

To point 3: Maybe, but unless everyone is lying he doesn't have a card, and with the current story paradigm of five articles on topic, 5 of side stories, they haven't even had time to really tell the story of the main sets so far, let alone go on tangents with other planeswalkers, so I doubt it.

To point 4: I didn't catch that. I did, as someone with ADD, really connect with the line about her fiddling with her bracelets in order to stop herself from messing with her claws, and Dean Nassari was great. I will say, I did have some issues with the story though: First, from what we have there, the teaching/grading structure at Strixhaven doesn't really make any sense (and they NEED to put some sort of security around their very-delicate art installations donated by alums). Second, while it worked for this story in its way, early in spoilers people pointed out how problematic it is to have most of the students be legacies, especially because it turns the "legacy student trying to escape their parent's shadow while feeling like they might only be there because their parent donated" conflict from an interesting struggle for one character for whom it works into "that thing that all of the spotlighted students have except for the Twins, and THEY are the wealthy children of a foreign political leader who got into school on a sports scholarship, so they fit into an entirely different problematic school trope.

Separate from all of that, looking at card flavor, are there ANY Silverquill students who don't look like awful people? I know it's a combat game, but still. You can like puns and not be objectively terrible.

EDIT: Also, we were joking about tea studies, but I'm like 90% sure that that is Dina's major.
Huh. Right, that is the case. I hadn't realized that difference. It'll be cool to get some strong devils, then!

The twins are bi, yeah. There has not been any "hello I am Will rowan and I like both men and women" confirmation, but in their book both of them swoon over their male AND female childhood friends, and it is cute. They're bi, 100%. Also Chandra is specifically intended to be pansexual by Maro's word of god.

I genuinely expected Will and Rowan to just call up Uncle G to help them out with the Bad **** That Is Happening. That'll be how he shows up. We also don't know the full card set yet he could show up. I am wishful thinking though.

Only Killian and Rootha have that origin? Quint isn't a legacy he literally is working jobs he is studying for to pay his tuition as he goes, Dina was an orphan, and Zimone is just a prodigy. I do get where they're coming from with that being an issue, but right now it only feels like Rootha is the one who has that "I am only here because of my parent's money" plotline. Killian, for good or ill, has his Tiger Dad situation, but the other three don't have this as a focus at all.

There's a bunch of Silverquill stuff that doesn't sound negative. For example; Rootha's ex from her story is a Silverquill vampire in a White mana role who was legitimately just trying to help fluff her up. There are other cards as well, I just am busy so I can't hunt them down at the mo.