Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
Huh. Right, that is the case. I hadn't realized that difference. It'll be cool to get some strong devils, then!

The twins are bi, yeah. There has not been any "hello I am Will rowan and I like both men and women" confirmation, but in their book both of them swoon over their male AND female childhood friends, and it is cute. They're bi, 100%. Also Chandra is specifically intended to be pansexual by Maro's word of god.

I genuinely expected Will and Rowan to just call up Uncle G to help them out with the Bad **** That Is Happening. That'll be how he shows up. We also don't know the full card set yet he could show up. I am wishful thinking though.

Only Killian and Rootha have that origin? Quint isn't a legacy he literally is working jobs he is studying for to pay his tuition as he goes, Dina was an orphan, and Zimone is just a prodigy. I do get where they're coming from with that being an issue, but right now it only feels like Rootha is the one who has that "I am only here because of my parent's money" plotline. Killian, for good or ill, has his Tiger Dad situation, but the other three don't have this as a focus at all.

There's a bunch of Silverquill stuff that doesn't sound negative. For example; Rootha's ex from her story is a Silverquill vampire in a White mana role who was legitimately just trying to help fluff her up. There are other cards as well, I just am busy so I can't hunt them down at the mo.
I had totally forgotten that part of Wildered Quest, but you're totally right. Also, I knew the Chandra thing, so that is my bad for mischaracterizing it.

As to Garruk, there are a few issues. First, the Twins don't actually have a reliable way to contact him. Second, from a meta perspective if he were in the story he would have a card, and unless we've been lied to we know all of the walkers for this set.

Also, technically Zimone is also a legacy, her grandmother was a famous Quandrix mage who went missing years before. (Spooooooky plot hooks.)

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
I'll be kinda honest — I wish that Zimone hadn't been the "super smart prodigy, skipped a year don'tcha know". Because "only smart people do math" is a pretty frustrating stereotype.

EDIT: Actually, I find a lot of Quandrix's flavor kinda frustrating... which is a shame, because that's basically my color pair right there.
I kind of agree there. I prefer child prodigy characters to be somewhat self-conscious and aware of the fact that things don't come as easily to others as to them, because otherwise they almost invariably end up reading like self-centered brats who look down upon the simple-minded fools that surround them. Unfortunately, from her flavor text and the semi-canon preview article Zimone seems more the former than the latter. On top of that, while the overall flavor of Quandrix feels like it fits real math and physics minded people, the specifics we have gotten feel like they were written by people who think that all high-level math is either competitive glasses-pushing or Iron Man saying "Find me that eigenvector... invert it... I've discovered time travel." As someone who really likes math, the fact that their big characterization tagline on reveal day was that they "recite pi backwards" annoys me to know end, because it is an obvious and fundamental misunderstanding of one of the main things that makes pi significant as a number.

Also, real fractals are beautiful and interesting. Why don't the fractal tokens look like real fractals?

On a completely unrelated note, according to the map in the Planeswalkers' Guide to Arcavios, the detention bog is like 500 miles away from the school (I'm exaggerating, but it really is far). Why?