Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
These have all changed between the various editions. In many editions, if one member of the squad moves, the entire squad is considered to have moved.

In third edition, all weapons attached to a squad or vehicle had to target the same unit. The Land Raider had to futilely fire its heavy bolters at the same tank the port lascannons were targeting, even though there was a tempting infantry target within range. And the starboard lascannons couldn't fire if they couldn't see the same tank. I will readily admit to not knowing how things currently stand, though.

In third (and 4th I think) all land vehicles had a 12" max move. Infantry could move 6 inches, assault six more, and if they defeated their opponents, consolidate/sweeping advance a further (farther?) 6 inches. Unless they had Fleet-of-Foot, which gave them another 1d6", if I recall correctly.

As for Random Missions, all I read here is how the secondary objectives are the deciding factor in most games, and you choose the easiest of those and design your army around them.

More rules:

Terminators used to be able to run.

Power Fists, Thunderhammers, and similar weapons didn't automatically strike last.

Different sized blast templates for different weapons. Hand flamers, flamers, and heavy flamers all had different-sized templates. Da Crunch!
I don't understand your point here. Like, true, these rules weren't things at one point. But they are now. So what are you getting at? Split fire is a thing, vehicle movement is typically higher than infantry, terminators can run, Power fists and stuff doesn't do that anymore.

As for the Random Mission thing, yeah kinda. What changes between missions is where the objectives are placed, and your deployment zone. But Primary objectives is always scored the same way, so the variance comes from Secondaries, and the best most reliable way to win is to pick the Secondaries that aren't dependent on your opponent at all.