1. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLII: The Dice Make Fools of Us All

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    As for Random Missions, all I read here is how the secondary objectives are the deciding factor in most games, and you choose the easiest of those and design your army around them.
    I see the confusion. The missions themselves are still random (Although I do think become more homogeneous. No more capture the flag missions). It's just that it's easy to tie on primaries, so secondaries are the primary point of competition (I'm probably oversimplifying)

Different sized blast templates for different weapons. Hand flamers, flamers, and heavy flamers all had different-sized templates. Da Crunch!
    Really? huh. When was that? 3rd? As far back as I can remember (5th, with occasional glimpses of earlier editions), the teardrop template has been the same size (Unless you count the apocalypse version). There were the 3" and 5" circular blast templates (and the other apoc ones), but there was only one teardrop.

I still miss templates. I know they could lead to some slowdowns in competitive play, but they were just fun. Torrent weapons and barrage weapons especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Power Fists, Thunderhammers, and similar weapons didn't automatically strike last.
    Do you mean they used to hit at normal initiative early in the game's history, or that you miss the times when such weapons forced you to strike at I1.

Personally, I am quite happy that initiative is gone, but I admit playing Necrons makes me rather biased in that regard.
    Last edited by Squark; 2021-04-05 at 02:53 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe