1. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLII: The Dice Make Fools of Us All

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I don't understand your point here. Like, true, these rules weren't things at one point. But they are now. So what are you getting at? Split fire is a thing, vehicle movement is typically higher than infantry, terminators can run, Power fists and stuff doesn't do that anymore.
    I think the main take-away here is that I'm a filthy casual who is not nearly as conversant with the current rules as I need to be to post on the topic of rules that I miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Really? huh. When was that? 3rd? As far back as I can remember (5th, with occasional glimpses of earlier editions), the teardrop template has been the same size (Unless you count the apocalypse version). There were the 3" and 5" circular blast templates (and the other apoc ones), but there was only one teardrop.

I still miss templates. I know they could lead to some slowdowns in competitive play, but they were just fun. Torrent weapons and barrage weapons especially.
    Nope, 2nd Edition. Three different flamer templates, plus a longer teardrop shape for Destructor/Stream of Corruption. The Thudd Gun/Venom Cannon template was the best: four 2" diameter blast templates linked together. There was also a foot-shaped template to represent the Foot of Gork for the ork Da Krunch! psychic power. The Death Wave half-circle. 1", 1 1/2", 2" and 3" radius blast templates, plus a pair of 1 1/2" radius vortex templates. Noise Marine Doom Sirens also had special templates.

Squig Catapults and buzzer squigs! Those were fun!

I don't miss the Virus Outbreak/grenades, though.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2021-04-05 at 02:57 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season