Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
Spoiler
Show
On the one hand, I firmly believe Picard Season One is the best thing that's happened to Trek since DS9 was on the air. I lived it, I loved it and I've been craving Season Two.

But on the other hand, I frickin' hate Q, and I'm much less enthused about a season revolving around yet another one of Q's tiresome little exercises.

But we shall see. Season One was outstanding enough that I'm willing to give all involved the benefit of the doubt.
Spoiler: Picard Season 1 Spoilers
Show
I'm cautiously optimistic. On the one hand, I thought the way they bookended TNG with strong Q epsiodes was perfect, and left it on a good note. I think that whole trial plotline was complete and doesn't need any more added to it. I didn't mind Q. I liked that he was cosmic threat putting humanity on trial to keep them on their feet and continue growing as a species, instead of stagnating at their current level. I wasn't terribly fond of him when he was just goofing around and trolling the Enterprise.

But considering what happened at the end of Picard Season 1, with Picard getting a robot body essentially, it opens up a new angle that Q can poke at. Like, making him question if he's still even human, or some other existential question about life. Q could even come at him with the whole "leaving Starfleet behind" thing and test his dedication to his principles. It has potential, I'll give it that. It could be very cool, or it could go very poorly. That's up to the writers.