Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralCheez View Post
Spoiler: Picard Season 1 Spoilers
Show
But considering what happened at the end of Picard Season 1, with Picard getting a robot body essentially, it opens up a new angle that Q can poke at. Like, making him question if he's still even human, or some other existential question about life. Q could even come at him with the whole "leaving Starfleet behind" thing and test his dedication to his principles. It has potential, I'll give it that. It could be very cool, or it could go very poorly. That's up to the writers.
Spoiler: Picard Season 1 spoilers
Show
I can't believe I forgot about that little plot point, but it's a good reminder to temper expectations going in. I was pretty mixed on season 1, some fantastic sections marred by some awful ones, but there was enough done right that I'm also in the cautiously optimistic set. At the very least it was a much better send-off for Data than Nemesis was.

Although, Brent Spiner's aging was one thing. The off-putting CGI de-aging worked on Data, and I felt that that uncanny valley effect was always what Data was supposed to look like in a way that 80's TV couldn't manage.

But now with Guinan and Q's return, we have two more ageless characters being played by actors who have obviously changed a lot in the intervening time. I'm just hoping they're there for more than just some nostalgic fan-service.

As a thought, I'm not sure I want that godlike AI-entity brought up again, but if it did continue into season 2, that would be a good way to bring the Continuum into the story.

Good news to see teasers for fans of all three continuing Trek series, but for myself I was most excited for the return of Lower Decks.