SKITTER AND CLEOPATRA
When Skitter lashes out at Healer, he recoils and pulls away from her grip and, for a moment, there is something dark and ugly in his eyes and his face. A ripple of unease passes through the crowd like the low cold whine of wind along an empty autumn beach.

And then Cleopatra throws up the shield, and he recovers his demeanour. He looks down at the young woman, eyes kind and face calm. "I thank you for your assistance," he says, "But please relax your powers and be at peace. There is no need to escalate. This little one's feelings are her own, however mysterious, and I honour them. Surely she means me no harm...?"

Healer draws out that last word and his tone rises at the last moment to make it a question. As he does, there is another rumble through the crowd. This one a little quieter, more tense. Ominous.

Meanwhile, Cleopatra is suddenly certain that, indeed, escalation is not warranted here and, perhaps, relaxing might be the best way to go. Surely nothing is to be gained from confrontation?

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Cleopatra, if you calm down and drop your shield, you can mark Potential.

MOTH AND ANGEL
Vigil's answer seems sincere, but practiced. Clearly he has had this conversation before. "I'm offering you help, and I'm saying you're too young for this. That's why I want to help. And as for the legal clinic, Halycon City actually has a robust body of 'Good Samaritan' law that deals with..."

But he is interrupted by Healer taking half his audience, and Luminary taking the other half.

Luminary takes one full step back, both at Moth's sheer effrontery and then by the arrival of Angel. He looks back and forth between the two. Clear anger radiates from him and his light flickers faster. His hands clench and he seems about to step back toward them when a thought occurs to him and he relaxes.

His face loses its anger and tension and resumes its former smug, smarmy smile. His light stops flickering and fades.

"No, no. There's no need for fighting. Any fighting, I promise, it won't be started by me," he says, with an eye-roll in Moth's direction, "And if you have stuff in there, youngster, of course you need to check it out. It's hard being on the streets at your age. But..."

His smile widens.

"...Frequency goes in with you."

No sooner does he say the name than there's a ZOOP and a blur and suddenly the tall thin woman is back. Her costume is black with red piping, and is covered by tightly patterned wiring. Purple crackles of energy appear and travel along them as she stands. She, too, has the wolf emblem, although it's woven into her suit rather than a badge.

"You called boss?" She sees Angel and Moth. "What's this? Who's this?" Her eyes focus on Moth. "Ooh, great tech! Where'd you get all that?"