1. - Top - End - #487
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Fyraltari watches The Clone Wars (2008) for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Could you elaborate on that? Its not immediately apparent to me what youre referring to.
    The one that's always easy pickings - Boba Fett is the pseudonym of a man named Jaster Mereel who left his life as basically-a-cop to become a bounty hunter. Until Episode II comes out and Boba Fett is a clone of a Mandalorian named Jango Fett and who is this Jaster Mereel fellow, never heard of him. Until more works come out where Jaster Mereel was Jango Fett's father, no his mentor, no Mandalore, no Jango isn't a Mandalorian anymore, and so on and so on.

This is a franchise that had at least five levels of canon, despite being run by a single man. That is definitely unique among franchises, but in the opposite direction. It was a ridiculous mess.

ETA: The author of that story has a fantastic take on it all:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Keys Moran
    I prefer mine, of course. But it didn't particularly annoy me. I don't care much about canon, and my stories are still out there for anyone who wants to read them. And frankly, even within the universe of commercial fiction, [George] Lucas was utterly contemptuous of his own early writing, when it came time to make the prequels. The idea that I should get annoyed about him ignoring mine? No.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-04-08 at 08:10 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2