1. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: LA Assignment Thread X: New Year, New Management, Same Old Unplayable Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    Magic item, maybe?
    Personally at least I don't think a magic item should be capable of making you playable but even if it is a headband of intelligence isn't viable until 5th or 6th level depending on the games magic item rules, that sounds like another reason this should be -0 to me. If you can't gain any class levels without having 5 to 6 rhd that means you can't be a small or medium elemental and are left with only -0 elemental bases, and this template only makes them worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
    I have trouble understanding why it is such a big deal that it has only 1 Int, beyond "the rules say a PC shouldn't play something below 3 int". Isn't the goal of the thread to allow for play things that aren't allowed by the rules? I mean, we have rated things without a mouth, things that cannot move by themselves, things that are literally a swarm of smaller things, things that suck the spells out of their teammates, and things that litterally kill themselves when they try to eat anything that wasn't injected with evil, but something that has the intelligence of a sheep should be disqualified immediately? Why should it be unplayable?

Also, Element-infused (Fire), from the Advanced Bestiary
    could work (not sure if 3rd party is counted but heh, at least it is a way).
    I am not saying we have to stick with the players must have min 3 int rule just that we haven't broken that rule yet because we have had ways to over come that rule in the past. As far as the can't move and all those other oddities you have mentioned, none of those are disallowed in the rules for player characters, whereas having under 3 int specifically is. Another point of note is without 3 in int you aren't allowed to add your ability bonus point to int you gain from leveling.

Anyways if we do say int less than 3 is fine as long as you aren't mindless then I think this is -0. If you just gained undead type with its bonuses then this thing would be +0 IMO; fast healing, a crappy energy drain that can be used once per round, and +2 NA isn't worth setting your Int and Cha to 1, your wis to 10 and having the crappy version of undead hp.
    Last edited by liquidformat; 2021-04-09 at 07:42 AM.