Originally Posted by Captain Cap
Spoiler
Show
In the previous episode the scientist mentioned that he improved the serum by making its effects more subtle and thus easier to hide.
Good catch, thanks. Managed to miss that.

Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga
Might be a hurdle or antagonist talking point for Black Panther 2.
I certainly hope so.

Spoiler
Show
I'm very happy to see so much Wakanda in this episode. At this point I’m looking forward to the Wakanda series more than I am to all the new Star Wars shows put together. They are really selling me on the potential for world-building in that setting, as well as continuity with previously minor characters like Ayo who have a lot of potential themselves.

Originally Posted by BRC
Spoiler
Show
Zemo is a Spy, and he know how to exploit Power dynamics. He reaches out to the children, he bribes them with candy and, what is for him, petty cash.

He doesn't try to establish Trust, he finds somebody he can wield Power over, and exploits that.
Spoiler
Show
Excellent points, I think that’s the essence of it.

Maybe Sam will learn a little bit from Zemo? Although the escaping-down-the-drain aspect does put a damper on future teaching moments.

Originally Posted by BRC
Spoiler
Show
After the Snap, borders were opened and populations were resettled, people were welcomed. After the Unsnap, things are being forced back to how they were and the Flag Smashers object.

That's, actually a pretty well-rounded explanation for the Flag Smashers and what they do.
Spoiler
Show
Indeed, and it makes them all the more sympathetic. They’re not just out to create havoc based on their own political philosophies: they see themselves as fighting for everyone who has been turned out of their homes just as they were finding new lives after the Snap.

And it rings so true with the Global Repatriation Council—a massive international agency, perhaps well-intentioned, which is steamrolling people in the name of its own founding principles.

Originally Posted by BRC
Spoiler
Show
Karlie is an interesting character. I was expecting another generic take on "Good intentions but she WENT TOO FAR and DID A VIOLENCE!", instead we get this woman who is, frankly, completely out of her depth on the stage she's playing at.
Like, the bombing didn't really help her cause very much? But I'm also sold that she would do it, because, as presented, she has no idea what she's doing. She's full of posturing and lashing out.
Spoiler
Show
Agreed completely. She’s becoming one of the most nuanced and sympathetic villains we’ve seen in the MCU.

Originally Posted by Sholos
Spoiler
Show
I, too, am curious about Wakanda's apparent disregard for international sovereignty…. Also interesting to see that they never truly trusted Bucky.
Spoiler
Show
Well, in fairness, they had no reason to, given that he was a dangerous foreign operative.

The original plan was to keep him on ice in Wakanda until he could be deprogrammed. Bucky essentially said goodbye to Cap in that scene, so it seemed as if he was expecting a long sleep, possibly decades.

Not sure what changed for them to decide to wake him up and give him time in a rural setting. I’m wondering how much of a personal relationship he had with Ayo, since she seems to take his actions in today’s episode very personally. I don’t think we’ve ever heard a Wakandan say “Bast damn you!” before.

(Also, wait, Bast goes around damning people? That’s a different take from the green veldt that goes on forever.)