1. - Top - End - #54
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...Those sirens are part of the video, right?

Five thousand years of cultural references you could make to ancient Egypt and a Yu-Gi-Oh reference is the first thing? That was my life for several non-consecutive years and that wouldn't be my first reference.

...You know, since a gold piece is roughly equivalent to a cent, that implies that gold isn't particularly valuable on Popstar. You don't make currency out of something that's worth more than that unit of currency, otherwise people would be selling it for it's material value instead of it's fiat value.

So either gold is ridiculously common or people on popstar don't have a reason to value it.

Which makes me wonder if their currency uses the value of that amount of gold or if they're on some kind of standard? Is it fiat currency? Is a GP worth a unit of currency becuase Dedede says it is? And if they're on a standard... What standard? What valuable instance is a GP worth a unit of?

Two Yu-Gi-Oh references in one vid?
    Yeah, a consequence of Winter slowly, slooowly ending is that I need to have my window open. Sorry!

In Blue's defense he is very into card games.

I feel like the value of money in the Kirby universe is predicated on how many individual chocolate coins you can get for it, no more and no less.

... in MY defense, I'm very into card games.

EDIT: I've always kinda suspected that power pedestals are like, coalesced energy, and not actual physical things... for the most part. Like, the item that pops out of Kirby when throwing a hat at his partner, but more physical, an artifact representing that Thing. So that hallway is full of sleepy pillows.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2021-04-09 at 08:52 PM.