Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
Spoiler
Show
I think Zemo was being honest about Steve. In fact, I think Zemo is one of the most honest characters in the show. Doesn't make him good, but he is sincere.
Spoiler: Zemo Honesty
Show
I mean, he lies plenty when he views it as necessary for an operation. The encounter with Selby, pretending to be the shrink back in civil war, most likely his little message that started the prison riot, the discussion with the kids in this very episode. He's honest about his motivation with Sam/Bucky because their interests align for the moment.

Spoiler: Sam&Bucky&Zemo
Show
I may need to rewatch, but isn't the sequence of events here:

1) The botched raid on the funeral, Zemo shoots Karli, destroys most vials, gets caught by Nu-Cap.
2) The fight in the safehouse over who's taking Zemo.

At that point they've burned all the leads Zemo can assist them with, haven't they? No more HYDRA links. They know the Flagsmasher's are on the run from the Power Broker, who also wants the team dead for Selby. What do they really need Zemo for?

I mean, narratively this works. People get committed to a plan and don't re-evaluate all the time. But I'm not seeing an obvious path to de-escalation given the time limit the Dora Milaje imposed and the conflicting interests of the party. Sam & Bucky want Zemo to help them; Walker wants to produce some result for all this time and effort, so needs to return Zemo to his prison; the Dora Milaje want to...it's not entirely clear. But it doesn't appear to align with the others. Though maybe it did align with Walker and they still fought because he was condescending to them?

Put him back in the prison their king left him in? Take him to Wakanda? Kill him on the spot? It's interesting that Dora Milaje are being sent on this, rather than War Dogs, or the Black Panther as well. I wonder what's going on in Wakanda...

Spoiler: Guns
Show
So, I just need to accept that the MCU clearly has some sort of innate magical rules around who's able to use guns and how effectively they're able to do so and that it buys real hard into the inverse law of utility and lethality at least for mooks. Which is fair because it wants to have people fighting large groups, without just getting turned into swiss cheese, but oh boy does it sometimes leave me going 'just shoot them.' Which is why the Zemo scene startled the hell out of me.

Though I do think they missed a chance to further mess with Walker by having Karli smack him down despite being injured as she made her escape.