View Single Post

Thread: Tales of Neutral Ground IC

1. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Neutral Ground IC

Arano sits deep in thought, listening to your theories and postulations but follows Kett's lead to say very little. Only when he is brought directly into the conversation by Drake does he speak up, addressing the dwarf first and then the rest of the room.

"I would like very much to work with you to decrypt the rest of Kasimir's entries. It's bound to hold more secrets, and we need all the information we can get. Working together will get us results much faster." The Phiarlan agent spares one of his wayward but meaningful looks at his wife before swivelling to face all of you together. When Kleris mentions him going to prison, he holds up his hands as though to say 'none taken'.

"For the sake of appearances at least, I believe I should go to Thronehold Castle. Recent break-in aside, I will be fairly safe and you can call on me at your leisure. Ideally, our good prosecutor would be able to arrange lenient visitation hours so that I could see Kett, and Professor Shardstone may spend time there with me as we make progress on the journal." He takes Kett's hand and gives it a gentle squeeze. "Faking my death was a good idea, but I'm worried that ir'Sencriss will see right through that. I would, in his shoes. It risks just compromising the rest of you in his eyes, which isn't what you need right now. As for your ambush... well I imagine Kett and the rest of you can help with that."

Your second prisoner emerges from the bedroom that you put her up in, bereft of several pieces of her armor which she has slung in a makeshift bag over her back. Without the protective steel shell, you see that Draci boasts a very impressive physique; broad shoulders and a thickset midsection that look like she's made entirely of muscle, the half-orc cuts a solid figure that has to jostle herself into one of the seats. After asking permission, she helps herself to a few of the leftovers.

"Good morning everyone," she effuses with a smile of dubious sincerity. "I suppose it's time for you to take us to the castle then, Sir Kaessel?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2021-04-11 at 03:46 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."