Kett Collier
Human Shadow Monk/Rogue
AC: 19 HP: 52/52
PP: 19 PIv: 13 PIs: 13
Conditions: Darkvision (~7 hours), 6/6 Ki Remaining
Concentrating: --

"Veseur's a man, so we can scratch him off the list," Kett notes, unless Kasimir was in the habit of disguising genders in his book which...well that would just be very annoying of him to do. "Why did Velancor leave the auction if she was solely focused on the orrery?" She poses the question to Drake. From the way she was talked about, and the size of her retinue, it seemed unlikely she was in any real danger. Yet, she'd disappeared before the auction had even started.

When Arano speaks up in favour of prison, an icy shard pierces her heart. She returns the affectionate handsqueeze but leans in close. Her voice is lowered, though more than likely everyone save Draci could still understand the words. "We know Dox is still after us and you want to go sit in a cell like a chicken waiting to be plucked? Their guards wouldn't be able to stop me from getting inside, nevermind a full squad." Their best way to avoid danger was speed, deception and stealth, none of which he could employ locked up. If this was the plan she might have to change tacks and deal with the phiarlan problem sooner rather than later.

"I expect," she raises her voice again, looking at the rest of the group - eyes glancing only momentarily on Draci - "that my attachment is clear, but just to say it explicitly: My family is the most important thing in the world to me. I would do anything for them, and those responsible for any harm that comes to them will receive my full focus and attention. If we're going through with this farce, it's temporary, and I expect him to have trusted guards at all times." In truth she wasn't in much of a position to bargain, though hopefully Arimart could understand her concerns given that Thronehold had just lost Maugrim barely a day after his imprisonment. There were so many more threats she could issue - to Kleris, to Danilos, to the phiarlans in general - but perhaps keeping it vague, for now, was the better play.

"Vicontessa Nebra ir'Ardev," she moves on, back to the topic of 'V', her voice losing the edge of threat that it had held, "is the person who sticks out to me most as a potential candidate as 'V' in the city. Walking in the front door accompanied by a prosecutor does seem simpler than my original plan," which she leaves up to the table's imagination, "If Danilos was tipped off about Kasimir by 'V' then chances are he knows who she is too, just in case we're barking up the wrong tree."