Quote Originally Posted by Damon_Tor View Post
Oh I wrote it on the strong side, no doubt. Part of the issue here is that the class features have to compensate for the slower spell progression and the very focused spell list, so a direct comparison between the class features of the Spellslinger and a sorcerer or a wizard must by necessity favor the Spellslinger. Wizards have Spell Mastery and Sorcerer's have their metamagic, and the Spellslinger's features are more powerful versions of those features but applied to a weaker spell selection. The damage added features are stronger than their sorcerer or wizard equivalents because the Spellslinger is applying them to weaker spells and fewer of them.

Interactions with Eberron and Ravnica elements that allow new spells added to a class's spell list is a concern I hadn't really put much thought into. Twinning Command and Whispers doesn't immediately leap out at me as broken (sorcerers can do it, after all) but I'll revisit and see if there's a good way to limit this.

I'll probably limit Fire at Will to spells that require an action, as you suggest, at least at 11th level: I might open the feature up again with Arcane Wellspring, as that's around the point where wizards get Spell Mastery.
Hmm. Having had a look at this again I think that the main class is not unreasonable. Spellslinging is powerful, but that isn't at all a reason not to like it. As a level 5 power boost it is appropriate. I think that the class really only exceeds what is reasonable in the subclasses. When I was doing some sorcerer comparisons it was with the thermalist, which might have been the issue. Inflicting vulnerability at level 6 is a massive boost (alongside spellslinging which is a glorious interaction) and the better than sorcerer damage boost at half the level from prolonged exposure.

Honestly, even these abilities are... kind of not too bad, just too soon. If you swapped the order of the abilities round so it wasn't so front loaded and the better abilities came online later then I think it would be better; Prolonged exposure at 9 and antipodal anihilation at 14 is much more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowben Gaming View Post
The Occultist is now ACTUALLY playable.

I will be making more talismans, but I believe there is currently enough of them to play the class from level 1-20.
Right, lets see if I can get my head round another class...