I think I've figured out part of the disconnect for me on the Flagsmashers and it comes from expectations:

Spoiler: Expectations
Show
So, if you take the MCU at its implied word, especially in Homecoming, then we out to expect that the end of the Blip is basically 'back to normal.'

If that's the case, then new expulsions, new refugee camps and people dying of preventable diseases who weren't in danger before is a major decline in standards of living which should be opposed.

On the other hand, if you expected 3.5 billion people reappeared with no warning and no preparation, doubling the planet's population to result in deaths on a scale not dissimilar to the Snap, then that exact same set of bad conditions looks like a miracle of lives saved.

In one scenario, the GRC being in charge of the resettlement are monsters, in the other they've saved more human lives than anyone outside the Avengers (of course, both could be true. It could certainly be that they handled the immediate emergency brilliantly but can't manage the long term problems and are becoming dictatorial, but we totally lack any real understanding of their structure so I can't really tell).

As my framing suggests, I concede that canon certainly pushes us towards scenario 1, but that's an absolute immersion breaker for me and since it's never stated explicitly in canon, I tend to interpret it as scenario 2 with folks trying to ignore the barely avoided massive death toll.