Quote Originally Posted by whiteflash View Post
Jean Bijoutier
Human Rogue
AC: 15 HP: 15/15
PP: 19 PIv: 20 PIs: 14
Conditions: --
Concentration: --

Jean looks around. "So, there are none walking the grounds, either. Which would make sense if they were hiding from the sun..."

"Or if they all left. Uh... we should probably still hunt them down if they left, shouldn't we?"

Jean smiles. "You think we can ask for extra money if we have to go hunting for them in the countryside?"
Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
Zephyranthes of House Rose
Human Artificer
AC: 19 HP: 20/20
PP: 9 PIv: 13 PIs: 9

After some searching around and what might be some kind of minor divine intervention, Zephyranthes stops in front of a trap door and calls to the others. "I believe I have found where the undead have gone. There are more trap doors like this one, clearly used recently. I notice a few others there and there." she announces in her still soft despite trying to be loud enough to be heard voice as she points out the trap doors.

"There is also an old shrine to Iroas there. Which makes sense considering where we are." she adds with a shrug and points that out too in case anyone else wants to take a look. Maybe one of her companions is a historical enthusiast or would know more about Iroas iconography than she does.
Quote Originally Posted by gryffydd65 View Post
Xander looked at the trap door. Does anyone have any spikes so we can keep the doors shut. Then we can allow one door to open at a time.
Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
That seems wise. Are we going to wait for them to come out, then? Katherine searches to see if anything can be used as makeshift spikes, since she has none.
Quote Originally Posted by whiteflash View Post
Jean Bijoutier
Human Rogue
AC: 15 HP: 15/15
PP: 19 PIv: 20 PIs: 14

Jean looks at the trapdoors, and thinks for a second. "Uh... that might work? If we're able to seal off the trapdoors well enough that they can only come out of one, and then we all wait by that one, we can make them come to us... and all from the same direction."

"On the other hand... if they are all waiting for sundown, like I suspect... then maybe there's some actual advantage to doing so for them. We'd still want to seal off most of the doors so that they can only come from one direction... but maybe we'd want to actually go in after them through whichever door we didn't seal."
Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
If we do go down, we should try to learn which would be the best door for us to use before sealing all but one of them off... But in that case could it be better to leave them unblocked? In case we're driven towards a trap door other than our chosen entrance and have to flee.
Quote Originally Posted by Grimaximus View Post
“We should go down and take the fight to them. It would be a safe assumption that these are only a few In a series of trap doors. If we bar all but one that will work for what cakes out of these as a choke point, but we also run the risk of this building being surrounded and us having no way out.”
“Also my blade doesn’t want to wait till dark”
Eventually, you chose the trap doors to seal up, and entered the trap door near the shrine to Iroas. The moment you all stepped into the underground area, you all felt a deep chill resonate up and down your spine. As it subsides, you all looked around. It was almost pitch black, and a stone path, likely carved by the Augustan builders of the castrum, extended out in front of you, into the darkness. Those with darkvision can barely make out that it curved left around 40 or so feet away from your current location. Empty sconces for torches or lamps dot the rock walls, most of them having rusted over, presumably from centuries of disuse.