View Single Post

Thread: Vigil VII: Strife Amidst the Clouds

1. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Vigil VII: Strife Amidst the Clouds

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Soul Hunt]

Wenomir puts his hand on Cass' shoulder, noting her nervousness.

"I know it's difficult, but it has to be done. And tying up this loose end will help us both, I think." He does his best to sound confident, but he can't deny it's making him uneasy as well. Then Anika appears, being her usual self, and Reinholdt does... or rather, Reinholdts? At least there's no more waiting.

"Right. This is Anika Sunfletcher, a Vigil member who will be going with us to the expedition. And this is Cassandra, a sorceress from MERC who knows where we need to go. Let's proceed to the meeting room." He peers between the three cats. "Will all three of you be going?"
    [Soul Hunt]

Wenomir will find Cass' shoulder tense, and she nods stiffly as she's introduced. Noticing Reinholdt's interest in her own feline companion, gestures in his direction.
    "This is my... familiar, Rahvi. I will be making use of him in breaching the vault's defenses."

Rahvi responds by assuming his favored humanoid form - that of an middle-aged, wildly attractive South Asian man, with smoky eyes, a hawkish nose, and long, silky black hair and a well-kempt and oiled beard. He's dressed modestly in a manner befitting a medieval officer, with breeches, jacket, and armored shoulders with a sword at his hip, but there's no hiding the nature of what this 'familiar' is, with the demonic tail, horns, and general aura of oozing sex appeal radiating from him like a heady perfume.

Cass tenses slightly more as he transforms, then 'relaxes' again, if she can truly be called relaxed at the moment.
    "As you say, Commander," she says, infusing the word with none of her usual verve as she fixes her gaze firmly at the lake, studiously avoiding Wenomir's eyes. "I can explain our... uh... entry strategy once we get there."

From her tone of voice, it's pretty easy to tell that she believes that Wenomir is not going to like it, assuming he isn't already starting to have doubts already, based on Rahvi's presence.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2021-04-13 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.