1. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: The Art of Combat - Strategy and Tactics for Intelligent and/or Organized Enemies

Sorry, when I say "the PCs" what I really mean is any small group of potent individuals on PC levels of power. That could be other NPCs with class levels, a pair of dragons, a coven of hags, a powerful cult leader and his retinue, whatever. "The PCs" is just easier, and often they are the ones we're focused on.

The issue is that there are lots of NPC organizations which consist of mostly non-extraordinary people in a world with extraordinary threats, of which the PCs are but one. When the actual player characters realize that the powers that be are not able to deal with problems like them, sometimes you get the murderhobo phenomenon. This can help to address what NPC groups would do when faced with a threat like that.

Would you suggest that I try to make the advice more generic as opposed to specific? I am just worried that this would make it more difficult for a DM to put it into action.
    Last edited by LumenPlacidum; 2021-04-13 at 11:52 AM.