View Single Post

Thread: Poll: V or I?

1. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Poll: V or I?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Havran View Post
    That is why I'm confused. I get that the server needs their ''client'' to identify themselves, but no apparent reason why should they provoke them into lethal attacks.
    Welcome to D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by burpbot View Post
    The person in the right is I, by sheer virtue of the fact that someone with young kids to raise, not to mention a civilian spouse that couldn't protect them, should never have been out adventuring in the first place.
    Nope. Just gonna say that my wife had to shoulder the 'raise the kids' burden when I was at sea or deployed to a war periods of six months at a time or more. (Granted, I was home once the deployment or war was over, and unlike V was very involved with the family when home. Still am, even though the kids are grown up ...)

The OoTS, since strip one, has not covered a year yet.
    Spoiler: A year is a long time to be away from one's family, to be sure
    Show
    I had friends who were deployed to OEF and OIF for periods of just over a year

V was, based on the #679 comic, negligent of their shared bond - or maybe took it for granted - even when V was at home. The model seems to be "workaholic who is so focused on profession that their life balance is way out of whack." The 'takes ones spouse for granted' issue is a root cause of marital strife.

If the relationship hadn't featured that core problem, which Blackwing raised, the exception "hey, I really do have to save the world" might have been easier to swallow or accomodate. (or not) But with the habit pattern of "this magic thing comes first" having been formed over a sustained period, this incident becomes "straw that broke camel's back".
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2021-04-14 at 07:56 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society