View Single Post

Thread: Poll: V or I?

1. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Poll: V or I?

Quote Originally Posted by burpbot View Post
    the mortality rate of soldiers in the army due to hostile action seems to be thousands of times smaller than the death rate of adventurers in the OOTS
    Not a bad point; adventuring is indeed very lethal. (Particularly if one played the original and Pre 3e editions ... and IIRC, Haley's dad did state that he'd been a first edition thief) Survival rate to a level like V or Roy has achieved isn't guaranteed, and is rare.

The core point being raised, though, in the comic I cited was that even before the adventuring did begin, the 'out of balance life style' as regards the quest for arcane excellence was a feature of their relationship, which informs why Inky reached the "straw that broke the camel's back" point finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald
    seemingly also not like, sending any gold back to help their family.
    Not seeing where you got that from. Is that your estimate, or, is there some "on screen" tidbit in the comic that informs this line of thinking?
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2021-04-14 at 09:43 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society