1. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

Been a while since I poked my nose in here, but I haven't had too much to talk about I suppose. Haven't really been rolling much, aside from breaking down a bit and spending 12 tickets rolling for Ishtar, but... Yeah, I'd really like to add her to my roster, so I went for it. Got a Prince of Lan Ling from it, which... Seems pretty useful, actually. I'm pretty light on Supports, and he's a very solid one all-told. I'll probably invest in him once Saber Shiki is in good shape, since she's been put on hold a couple of times and really deserves more use after her new Rank Up. Otherwise, I've basically got nothing to report on the roster front.

New event (for me) seems fun in terms of story, but very grindy. Looks like the last summer event, kind of, in that you need to do a ridiculous number of battles to finish everything. Rewards aren't bad, and I really want the free Servant for this one (Supports needed, as mentioned before, plus I currently only have Ushi for single-target Riders and Ryoma is basically just much better Ushi, so I'm game to finish it, but seems very grindy indeed. Not a lot of choices to make, just run the same node ten times until the quest completes and then find another node to run ten times.

I did manage to get through Lostbelt 1 during the gap between events I could do. It was... Easier than I expected. Definitely less difficult overall than Camelot, probably easier than Babylonia, and obviously it never got close to the big boss fights of Solomon.
    Spoiler: LB1 Spoilers
    Show

The only halfway difficult fights are the one big hydra thing, Minotaur (who thought a Berzerker boss that can deal 12k on a Buster crit was a good idea? He's just an ultra-DPS-race) and Anastasia herself, who was clearly designed to be just unfair enough that the average player would be expected to use Command Seals. I used one, to full heal a borrowed Ozy, which bought me enough time to wipe out her Guts HP bar with one last NP. Ivan and the big silly tree were both obliterated by Shiki. Especially the tree. Relying on a huge defense boost for your gimmick really doesn't do anything against her.

Story-wise, I felt the prologue was great but the actual Lostbelt was a bit of a step back from Babylonia and Solomon in terms of storytelling. The plight of the Yaga was a bit over-simplistic, and Kadoc was a very straightforward villain (me Kadoc! Me raging inferiority complex! Me do better than you!). Anastasia was pretty good, and I like 'Kotomine' (who seems to be about half Rasputin and half Kotomine, really) was great. You can really see the increased budget in action, though. In Orleans, we got like one NPC sprite, single sprites with maybe two or three face variations for the Servants and like two backgrounds, both of which would be repeatedly reused later. In the Lostbelts we get six different Yaga sprites, full facial variations for the entire Chaldea staff, multiple new outfits for the protagonists, unique sprites for every antagonist (two for Koyanskaya!) and no less than four new battle backgrounds. Not to mention the improved look for Da Vinci and Holmes, with all their new facial expressions. The game looks way better than it ever has in the past, no question.

Favorite character? Goredolf. The poor precious child. He might be a terrible leader, but the guy is probably the best support member we've ever had. Goredolf cares, despite being an arrogant Mage, and that's great. Second favorite? Avicebron. I didn't like him in Apocrypha, but here he's just such a great guy.

I really wanted to like Atalante. I love Atalalter's character design and animations. But... Well, I'm not a big fan of being backstabbed halfheartedly for poorly thought-out reasons.

Part-way into LB2. Feels a lot like more of the same. But it'll be on hold until this event's done... And not a lot of time between this one and the new GudaGuda. 220 SQ and 21 tickets saved up. I have some degree of hope for getting GudAvenger. We'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2021-04-16 at 02:47 AM.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.