Quote Originally Posted by werescythe View Post
I mean, most of the people I play with don't look at the twitter, so if I kept my mouth shut I could probably get away with it... but my consciousness would come back and bite me in the ***, so I'd probably just check with the DM before taking the option.

You see, I just think it would be cool to cast a Careful Evard's Black Tentacles on one's self or allies from melee attackers, or to throw it in a choke point, but have it that the tanks/fighters can run through, around in it without having to worry about being restrained/damaged by the spell.

So I guess the only metamagic that affects the spell effectively would be Subtle (again, not necessary when playing an Aberrant Mind Sorcerer), Extended and Quickened. I could see Quickened being useful, but I'm not too sure how handy Extended would be.
Sure, check with the DM. Tell him "the rules say XYZ, but WotC's corporate spokesperson once said on Twitter they meant to write them differently to be weaker but didn't. I think the PHB rules are fair as written and would to use them. Specifically I think it would be cool to use Careful Spell to create a no-friendly fire zone for Evard's Black Tentacles. Do you have a problem with me taking Careful Spell and expecting that combo to work?"