Professor Drake Shardstone

Back at the Inn

Drake shrugged at Kett’s comments. ”Normally I would agree, at which point this task would become a fool’s errand and completely impossible. As it stands now, it’s only mostly impossible. A solid source indicated the orrery was to be delivered to ‘their Lady’ this evening. I suppose this either means they were set to arrive this evening, or she was. Either way, I feel confident that the orrery can be obtained outside the House walls; inside will require more than an old dwarf and a certificate of purchase. I also wonder at what the House Ohiarlan might have in store for both the orrery and the tome...”

Castle

Drake followed behind the others, his slower pace creating a natural buffer between him and the gnome. He frowned at her irreverence for her comrade’s demise, but perhaps she would grieve later. Or maybe it was true what they said about politicians - they only care about voters and money ... and money can always buy more voters.

Counting Shadows

Drake glanced over at Kleris, tapping his chin thoughtfully. This wasn’t his town, so he had hoped for more input from the ‘locals.’ Normally, Drake was used to a longer observation period - a job was only as successful as the planning one did before. Unfortunately, he wasn’t in charge of the timeline. The grains of sand were already falling and the poke was on the move. Of course, success also required adaptability.

Quietly, Drake responded. ”Well, good sir, that depends. We don’t know where our little bird is, nor if she has a bag of birdseed with her. If we don’t catch her before the keeper comes round, we’ll be in a pickle. Looking at the roost, there are far too many questions, and more blind corners than I feel comfortable with. And likely several other interested bird watchers in the area.

Now, how well known are you in these parts? I have the distinct impression you’re not a patron of the local art scene ... and they may not favor your particular patronage. If that’s the case, your presence here may serve less as an accomplice and more as a distraction. For now, have a drink, keep your eyes open for lines of sight and who might be watching the roost... or watching those who are watching the roost. The roof is likely guarded by critters that have found a home there. The tenements on either side will probably have a residents with an eye for theater ... but many of the stores and restaurants nearby might as well. Those two alleys probably lead to entrances, but I don’t trust them. ‘Servants’ would probably use something a little less obvious.

If you have any friends who can help us find an entrance soon, that would be helpful. I trust you can be more circumspect than the average enthusiast.”
As Drake spoke, he kept his drink high, or stoned his beard and slightly covered visibility of his lips. First thing a guild did was employ lookers, many of which could read lips - no magic necessary. He also shook his drink to shingle the ice, just in case someone was trying to listen in. He also took his own advice and checked around the rest of the area.

OOC - Perception - (1d20+9)[28]
Spoiler: Status
Show
AC: 14 HP: 40/52 Init +2 Move 30’
Saves: Str +0 Dex +2 Con +2 Int +2 Wis +6 Cha +0
Skills: Arcana/Religion +8; Insight +5; Perception +9;
Warder’s inspiration (+1d4): Investigate, History, Thieves tools
Weapons: shortsword (+5 / 1d8+2); shortbow (+5 / 1d8+2)
Channel divinity 3/3 (Turn undead, destroy CR 1/2, Knowledge o/t Ages, Read thoughts)
Spoiler: Spells
Show
Prepare 9 spells, DC 15, 4-1st / 3-2nd / 3-3rd
0: guidance, thaumatugy, toll the dead, mending
1st (x4): command, identity, alarm, armor of Agnatha, cure light wounds, healing word, guiding bolt
2nd (x3): augury, arcane lock, knock, suggestion, silence, blindness/ deafness, locate object
3rd (x3): non-detection, speak with dead, glyph of warding, magic circle, clairvoyance, meld into stone, dispel magic
Wards & seals (1/long): alarm, arcane lock, mage armor

Effects: 60’ darkvision