Off to the obelisk.
Somewhere deep in the desert.

It had been many miles since a shade of color other than that of a dry dull yellow or rough off red had been seen. Fitting it was to see only colours representative of heat as if the wilderness spoke to her, ensuring its message was heard loud and clear across every single one of her heightened and abused senses.

I will cook you, I will burn you alive and eat you. You cannot stand to my tireless rage. There is nothing out here for you except an eternal grave. I will burry you in my endless expanse. You will be forgotten by everyone one, even time itself. Here you are nothing.

These words, these promises and threats were all around her. It was in the uncomfortable embrace of the suns constant and intense glaring gaze. The very same that caused her pale porcelain skin to swelter beneath her boiling black leathers.
It was screamed directly into her face by the dry howling merciless winds that pelted her petite frail frame, tearing at her clothes, buffeting her tiny body about. The winds seemingly trying angrily to shake some sense into the girl and turn her around.
It could be felt as every single grain of sand fought with her, desperate to find and bite at her bare skin, searching maliciously for a way to hinder, wound, inconvenience or injure her. It swarmed her body like a plague, clawing like a banshee at the glass of her goggles. tugging ruthlessly on her clothing and crawling into every loose crevice it could find.
The ground grabbed hungrily at her feet, not wanting to let go, trying to drag her down into its hot embrace. Every step requiring far more exertion than should be necessary. It rolled beneath her, tipped up and was forever uneven, unpredictable, a constant uphill struggle.

The sun should have set long ago by now, but it hadn’t. A dark twist of fate, a warp of time, a malicious unimaginable spell. It didn’t matter why. In fact, she wasn’t even sure things would be better in the dark. Right now her world was seemingly confined to a tight tiny space around and simultaneously a vast unimaginable endless desert filled with deadly monsters. Somewhere out there amongst all the death and sand was a large obelisk. That was her destination.

She hoped and almost even prayed that she was not on this journey alone. Flyers had been posted out in various taverns but she was not sure how well received they were.

It was amidst one of Raeh’s silent one sided debates with the murderous environment did it actually respond. The soft sandy ground that already hated her began to violently tremble so bad she could barely stand.