1. - Top - End - #20

Default Re: Careful Spell and Evard's Black Tentacles?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkForce View Post
    it doesn't necessarily specify only one saving throw. it could just as easily mean that if you have to make a saving throw, you automatically pass that saving throw.
    Especially given that Heighten Spell also uses the singular ("saving throw") while clearly also including spells which force more than one saving throw (because it affects only the first such saving throw).

Quote Originally Posted by SharkForce View Post
    they basically told us that they deliberately intended for careful to do absolutely nothing for most spells that you can cast it on. it was one of the first rulings that made me lose a lot of respect for the current dev team, and begin to suspect that when they fired a bunch of folks that had written the core books it wasn't just a loss of quantity, but also a very real loss of quality in their development team.
    Did they? Who got fired?

I know Rodney Thompson left in 2015 but leaving != fired. I do regret his departure though because not only was he lead the lead of player mechanics design (per his 2013 resume anyway) but from he seemed to have pretty good design sense, from what I can tell of his talks and writings (see video in my .sig).

Were there other folks who left around the same time?
    Last edited by MaxWilson; 2021-04-21 at 01:25 AM.