Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
The Challenge quest wasn't too bad either. Trick was picking up the 'Ignore Defenses' CE, and putting it on Cu Classic who just doesn't die. He made it all the way to the Caster stage and got it down to half health before he finally dropped. And since I was so far along I popped the Command Seals to pick up the easy win. Sure, I bet I could've done that with only 1 Command Seal, but why not? I'd rather just move on, I've got to get to the prologue to S.I.N. pretty quickly to get my 10 SQ.
Yeah, the CQ is the same as it was last time, so if your strategy worked then, it will work again. As for me:

Spoiler
Show
The thing about this CQ is that Nobu has multiple DEF buffs that she sheds as you break her health bars. You can debuff them all at once, but doing so gives her permanent non-dispellable offensive buffs. So you can either run it as an arms race, trying to knock her down before she crits for an OHKO, or you can try to work around her DEF buffs without removing them. As memory serves, last time I did the former; this time, however, I did the latter. I ran an Arts/stall team for easy NP charging. My team:
  • Vlad, Child of Atlas
  • Jeanne, Imaginary Element
  • Guest: Lancer Li
  • Sheba, Dive to Blue
  • Assassin Shiki, Dive to Blue

Because I was fielding two 5-stars and two 4-stars, I really didn't have room for an extra teammate, so I had to make it count.

Li's NP ignores DEF buffs, as does Shiki's. Also, Sheba's NP decreases DEF - which doesn't dispel the DEF buffs but merely offsets them. And the Child of Atlas CE, on Vlad, ignores DEF buffs. So I was in a pretty solid place. Lots of Arts for NP charging, and Jeanne's NP for invulnerability when the NP rolled around.

Thanks to Li being able to carve through Nobu's first bar like a hot lance through butter, and Vlad doing the same on the second bar, Nobu didn't even fire off her NP until after she was already on her third form. Which Jeanne was able to block summarily. Unfortunately, that's around the time that the OHKOs started pouring in, and I had only just started her final bar when she took out the last of my team. I'm not to proud to use Command Seals, which I did, and as a result her final form was a cakewalk.

Ultimately, even trying to respect the DEF buffs, it ended up turning into an arms race. So if I had to do it over, I'd probably go for removing her buffs and trying to out-crit her. But I managed to do it, so I'm satisfied.

And with that, the event is done for me. Hope you all enjoyed.