View Single Post

Thread: Is spell dmg worth at high levels?

1. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Is spell dmg worth at high levels?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
    4 Counterspells per round you mean?
    Yes, because that's the threshold I care about -- how much it takes us to get out a Wall of Fire.

The ideal number for that is "1 slot" using the familiar method I described. The maximum (e.g. least efficient strategy + unlucky rolls) for that is 5 slots.

The Manglers have advantage on round 1 against anyone who hasn't taken a turn yet, to offset the disadvantage from Darkness, and enough HP to make it through the Wall of Fire. If the guy concentrating on Darkness happens to roll low on initiative, that Darkness might pop--yet another threat vector to worry about while the Counterspell war is raging.
    These giftlocks have over 100 hp, 19 base AC, Advantage on concentration, a high initiative bonus, and more healing resources than they know what to do with. The Mangler flurry does 10.4 DPR with Disadvantage, 24.3 if it cancels due to losing initiative. I'm not worried.

BTW I don't think Synaptic Static's d6 penalty stacks with itself.
    Correct, it does not stack. Why do you bring it up?
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2021-04-21 at 04:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot
    If statistics are the concern for game balance I can't think of a more worthwhile person for you to discuss it with, LudicSavant has provided this forum some of the single most useful tools in probability calculations and is a consistent source of sanity checking for this sort of thing.
    An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | Monster Resistance Data

Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones