Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
Yes, historically they've both been used in various translations/contexts. I didn't go back to check which one I had previously picked. Maybe I'll fix it but it's not really wrong per se.
Clearly it's a grammatical-mode thing. Other-god speaking to a mortal uses one form, god's own avatar speaking to other gods' avatars uses a different one.

(I'm re-reading The Curse of Chalion, and recently went through the bit which mentions the various grammatical forms of Roknari: master to warrior, master to servant, slave to master, servant to lesser servant, slave to scholar... all distinguishable in just a few words.)

Quote Originally Posted by georgie_leech View Post
I mean, we can and do eat worms. Not generally going out and eating them out of the ground says more about our feelings about sanitary conditions and our ability to be choosy, than it does about whether they work as food. I mean, just because we generally don't eat wizened dirty apples, doesn't mean we don't eat apples.
Don't forget How To Eat Fried Worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginasius View Post
That's true. In the original The Hobbit, Gollum actually gave the ring to Bilbo willingly because of the latter's victory in the riddle game. Or he tried to, but did not know that he had already lost the ring and that it was in Bilbo's pocket.

This fact was not compatible with the absolutely evil essence of the Ring, as subsequently established.
Another factor in the rewrite was the need to regain copyright status after Ace printed unauthorized editions of the books without paying royalties.